The Jewelry Designer Manager Premier is both Windows and Mac compatible. You can install the program on both computers and transfer the data file back and forth between Windows and Mac computers. The file to copy is the JDMPremier.fmpur file. Please be sure that both computers are on the same version of JDM. You can check the Version/Date on the About form in the program.
If you are importing your data from JDM Pro or JDM Deluxe follow these three steps to import your data into JDM Premier and transfer the JDM Premier data from Windows to Mac.
1. Install JDM Premier for Windows and import data from JDM Pro or JDM Deluxe. See Importing JDM Pro and JDM Deluxe.
2. Install JDM Premier on the Mac. See Installing JDM Premier on Mac OSX.
3. Copy the JDMPremier.fmpur file from the Windows machine to the Mac.
How to copy the JDMPremier.fmpur file from Windows to Mac
Before copying the file be sure JDM Premier is closed.
1. Open Windows Explorer and Browse to the Jewelry Designer Manager Premier folder*. On Windows 7, 8 and 10 the Jewelry Designer Manager Premier is installed to this folder:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bejeweled Software Company\Jewelry Designer Manager Premier
* JDM Premier Plus is the same except file and folder names are JDMPremierPlus.fmpur and Jewelry Designer Manager Plus
Copy the JDMPremier.fmpur file in Windows
Right-click on the JDM.fmpur file and select Copy.
Paste the JDMPremier.fmpur file to a folder on a USB stick.
In the example below the JDMPremier.fmpur file is being pasted into the memory stick into a folder named: Jewelry Designer Manager Data Files
Click anywhere on a blank area. Right-click and select Paste.
Email or Upload the JDMPremier.fmpur file
Other ways to transfer the JDMPremier.fmpur file:
– Attach the JDMPremier.fmpur file to an email and send it to yourself. Use an email account that you can open from both your PC and Mac such as Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo.
– Upload and download the JDMPremier.fmpur file to an online storage service such as DropBox, Google Drive, ICloud or Skydrive.
Copy the JDMPremier.fmpur to the Mac
Copy the JDMPremier.fmpur file that is on the memory stick. Browse to the stick, right-click on the file and select Copy.
Locate the JDM Premier folder on the Mac: Open the Applications folder and right-click on the JDM Premier icon. Select Show Package Contents
Paste the file into the JDM Premier folder
Click on: -> Contents -> Resources -> Jewelry Designer Manager Premier
You will see a JDMPremier.fmpur file. You will be replacing this file with your JDMPremier.fmpur data file by right-clicking and selecting Paste.
A message box will ask you if you want to replace. Click Replace. (instead of replacing you can rename the existing file before pasting)