You must have the most current versions of Jewelry Designer Manager Pro (3.24) and Jewelry Designer Manager Deluxe (4.14) to be able to import your data and pictures to JDM Premier. If you are not current please update JDM Pro or Deluxe on the Support page – Software Updates)
Follow these instructions if you have Java 8.x on your machine. We recommend updating to Java 8 if you have an older version. To check your version please click here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed8.jsp If you have Java 6 or 7 and do not want to update to 8 please follow the instructions in the Troubleshooting section: How To Import Data from JDM Pro or JDM Deluxe to JDM Premier – Java 6 or 7.
Please follow these 2 steps to transfer all your data, part and jewelry piece images from Jewelry Designer Manager Pro or Deluxe.
Step 1 – Export Jewelry Part and Jewelry Piece Pictures
Open Jewelry Designer Manage Pro or Deluxe and export the jewelry part and jewelry piece pictures using the two forms on the Maintenance form: Export Part Pictures and Export Jewelry Piece Pictures. (This feature was added on 11/11/2014. If you are not current please update JDM Pro or Deluxe on the Support page Software Updates)
All the pictures can be exported to the same folder or separate folders. The part pictures will be named: JewelryPartID where ID is the PartID. The piece pictures will be named: JewelryPieceID where ID is the Jewelry PieceID. In the example below I am exporting all the part pictures to a folder named: JDMDataPics.
1. Open the Export Part Pictures form and click on the command button: Export Part Pictures. Select the folder where all the pictures will be exported. You can create a new folder or use an existing folder.
2. Open the Export Jewelry Piece Pictures form and export all the jewelry piece pictures. Select the folder where all the pictures will be exported. You can create a new folder, use an existing folder or use the same one as for the Jewelry Parts.
After exporting you should see all the images in the folder.
Step 2 – Import Data into JDM Premier
Open JDM Premier to begin importing data from JDM Pro or JDM Deluxe and the part and jewelry piece pictures.
- Go to: Preferences > Import From JDM Pro and JDM Deluxe
- Click the Browse command button to locate the Jewelry Designer Manager folder. The folder location is listed for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
- Click the Browse command button to locate the folder where the jewelry part pictures were exported. (Step 1 – Export Jewelry Part and Piece Pictures.)
- Click the Browse command buttons to locate the folder where the jewelry piece pictures were exported.
- Click on Import From JDM Pro or JDM Deluxe
Please note: This will remove all the data (if any) from the JDM Premier and import all the data and pictures from JDM Pro or JDM Deluxe. The option to import will not be available after the import.
Depending on the number of records in your data file it can take up to an hour to import. Do not close the program until you see the message that the import was successful.