In keeping with our tradition of providing you with great products and ongoing customer service, we strive to improve the Jewelry Designer Manager Premier Plus by adding features and fixing bugs. We recommend that you update to the latest version and follow these instructions.
INSTRUCTIONS: UPDATING JEWELRY DESIGNER MANAGER PREMIER PLUS
Software Updates are free for one year from purchase. After one year please purchase Maintenance on the Support page.
Locate your Activation Key before you update. You will have to enter it when you first open the program. The key is located on the Order Confirmation or on the jewel case and is in the program on the Preferences/License Info form.
IMPORTANT – You must back up your data before you install JDM Premier Plus. Installing will overwrite all the existing data! We recommend backing up your data on a regular basis but it is mandatory before installing any updates or making changes to your computer.
1. Back Up Your Data
- Open Jewelry Designer Manager Premier Plus and click on Preferences>Backup and Restore Data. Select the Backup Destination Folder. The Default folder is: Documents.
- Click on Backup Now. There will be a new folder named: JDMPremierPlusBackup_YearMoDate_Time in the Documents folder. (This will be the folder to restore after you update)
2. Uninstall Jewelry Designer Manager Premier Plus
3. Download and Install Jewelry Designer Manager Premier Plus from the Software Updates page on the website.
4. Open Jewelry Designer Manager Premier Plus and Restore your Data
- Click on Preferences/Backup and Restore Data.
- In Restore a Backup click on Browse and Select the Backup folder that was created when you backed up your data.
List of Changes/Fixes:
Version 6.00 8/5/2018
- Phone format fixed for international numbers.
- Discontinued items sort to bottom of Find Part/Piece drop-down boxes.
- Fixed Link to Online User Guide.
- Fixed Jewelry Piece Inventory with Items on Memo report.
Version 6.00 2/19/2018
- No longer requires Java to be installed on computer. Importing from JDM Pro or JDM Deluxe is not available. We can do it for you.
Version 5.00 10/23/2017 (Mac Version only)
- Upgraded JDM to be compatible on macOS High Sierra.
Version 5.00 9/25/2017
- Fixed: Sales By Piece Reports: Discontinued Jewelry Pieces were not showing on the reports.
- Fixed: Memo Report not printing correctly when printing directly from Memo form. Item# repeating.
- Added: Memo Summary Reports: Added Item# as Sort option.
- Added: Phone format: if phone number is not U.S. based then formatting has been removed.
- Fixed: Piece Quicklist: random pieces not showing on list except when sorted by Category
- Fixed: Posting to Facebook was not working due to Facebook change.
- Fixed: Vendor form: customer number field not showing correctly unless cursor is in the field.
Version 4.00 5/2/2017
- Fixed: On iPad – Jewelry Assembly/Pricing form – Selecting parts used in piece drop-down box freezing.
Version 4.00 4/10/2017
- Fixed: Invoice – Printing Dymo labels 30299 skipping labels.
- Fixed: Piece Quicklist Report when exported to Excel the [# in Stock] field did not export.
- Report form Part Reports Sort order: Added Sorting by PartID in Descending/Ascending order
- Jewelry Assembly/Pricing form: selecting Parts that are used in a piece – Discontinued items are sorted to show at bottom of the lists.
- Customer form: Fixed: when shipping address with a zip code carrier route (last 4 digits) is copied a ? appears.
Version 3.01 11/28/2016
- Fixed: After restoring a backup the Memo – Items in Sold Section are all marked as not Invoiced. A new form has been added under Preferences to allow you to correct the status of these items. Backup/Restore has been fixed to save these settings. (Before backing up please check your Memos and make a list of Memo # and the Jewelry Piece Item# of items in Sold Section that have or have not been Invoiced. (whichever is greater).
Version 3.00 10/21/2016
- New: Packing Slip for Invoice
- Fixed: Memo printing message on reports.
- Fixed: Bom for Sales Invoice printing and exporting to Excel.
- Fixed: Memo Memo Summary Report: By Customer and By Customer/Costs Report – Sort by Memo# and then by Piece Item#.
- Fixed: On iPad: Find Jewelry Piece drop-down box.
- Fixed: Rattail #1: Item Number width adjusted.
- Fixed: Part Stock number listed in drop-down boxes in Jewelry Piece form truncated to 4 decimal places.
Version 2.02 9/14/2016
- New: Export jewelry pieces for importing into Shopify.
- Fixed: Etsy import customers/buyers with no name only a handle – were not importing correctly.
- Fixed: Memo printing labels: labels were not in same sort order as on Memo (by Item#)
- Fixed: Invoice Summary reports: PO field made wider to accommodate longer numbers.
- Fixed: Reports Sales Invoice Detail and Summary exporting to Excel.
- Fixed: Starter data file extra records in Vendor table.
- Fixed: Customer and Vendors opening form returns to last visited record.
Version 2.01 8/23/2016
- Fixed: Invoice: if date is changed the new date is printing on reports.
- Fixed: Jewelry Piece Quicklist Column sorting. If Item# is sorted Piece Name is 2nd
- Fixed: Currency Symbol restored after backup.
- Fixed: Part Catalog Reports: parts with no purchases are showing on report.
- Changed: Jewelry Parts form: Part Purchase History section: # of Units field was made wider.
- Fixed: Jewelry Parts form: Add/Edit purchase: Clicking on Vendor opens the correct vendor.
- Fixed: Reports: Discontinued Jewelry Pieces not printing if all pieces are selected.
Version 2.00 5/15/2016
- Fixed: Jewelry Piece Cost with Markups Report is now exporting to Excel
- Fixed Invoice: Qty field does not change back to 1.
- Added: Customer form – Added Jewelry Piece Comments to Sales section.
- Fixed: Invoice Report – When printing from Report form Message field prints.
- Fixed: Jewelry Inventory including Items on Memo Report – Printing if pieces out of stock.
- Fixed: Import Parts – Part unit price is showing on Jewelry Assembly form after part purchase import.
Let us know if you have any suggestions for improvements or comments.